was founded in Beatrice, Nebraska in 1894. The company began when partners Haskell and Bosworth began producing creamery butter provided by local farmers. They incorporated in 1905 as the Beatrice Creamery Company. On November 12, 1901 they adopted the "Meadow Gold" trademark.
The headquarters moved to Chicago in 1913, with the name changed to "Beatrice Foods" in 1946. The growth of convenience foods following World War II led to specialty snack items. La Choy joined "the family" in 1943, and a grocery division was organized in 1957. The company expanded its horizons to international levels in the 1960s, with Samsonite luggage joining in 1973.
In 1976, the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Beatrice Foods. Just 6 years later a group of franchisees, led by Joseph A. McAleer Sr., purchased Krispy Kreme, was again making it a private company. Beatrice is now part of the ConAgra
The company’s most famous product to this day is Reddi-wip. Reddi Wip was developed by St. Louis milkman Aaron Lapin in 1948, who put whipped cream in a spray can, turning a dessert topping into a symbol of postwar America's drive for convenience. First sold by St. Louis milkmen, its distribution expanded quickly across North America, and Lapin was soon dubbed the Whipped Cream King. In 1998, Time magazine listed Reddi-wip as one of the century's 100 great things for consumers, along with the pop-top can and Spam. Lapin's Clayton Corp. also made its own valves for the can. Certificate:
Guaranteed Bond, issued in the 1970’sPrinter: Security-Columbian Bank Note Company Dimensions:
14” (h) x 10” (w) State: NE-Nebraska
| NA-Netherlands Antilles Subject Matter: Food and Drink
| Candy and Sweets Vignette Topic(s): Allegorical Featured
| Company Logo Featured Condition:
Horizontal fold lines, punch hole cancels in signature areas, and some toning from age.