This West Hempstead-based bank was originally established in 1927 as the Springfield Gardens National Bank of New York.
In 1956, the name was changed to Queens National Bank of New York.
In 1960, it merged with the Federal Meadow Brook National Bank of Nassau County and the name was changed to The Meadow Brook National Bank.
In 1967, the name was changed to The National Bank of North America, before being renamed once again in 1980 as The National Westminster Bank, USA.
Capital Stock, issued in the 1950’s
Printed by the Franklin-Lee Division, American Bank Note Company
7 1/2” (h) x 11 1/2” (w)
This certificate has vertical fold lines, punch hole cancels in the signature areas and body and some toning and edge faults from age.