Buffalo Dry Dock Company

Buffalo Dry Dock Company
Item# 4137
$39.00

The Buffalo shipyard was started in 1808 by Nathan Bidwell. The first graving docks were dug in 1836, on a site across the Buffalo River from the intersection of Chicago Street and Ohio Street. A major client, Union Steamboat Company, invested in the yard in 1872 and bought Bidwell out in 1882, renaming the yard Union Dry Dock Company. Union sold out to the American Ship Building Company in 1899 and the yard was renamed Buffalo Dry Dock.

The company made a number of vessel types, including barges, steamers, tugs, ocean tugs and ferries.


Certificate: Capital Stock, unissued/uncanceled, early 1900s

Printer: American Bank Note Company

Dimensions: 7 1/2 (h) x 11 1/4 (w)

State: NY-New York

Subject Matter: Maritime and Related | Ship Builders | Dry Docks and Shipyards | Unissued Pieces

Vignette Topic(s): Waterfall Scene | Niagara Falls Featured

Condition: No fold lines or cancels, some toning and edge faults from age.





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.