Boise Cascade Corporation, was established in 1957 as the result of the merger between Boise-Payette Lumber Company of Boise and the Cascade Lumber Company of Yakima, Washington.
Boise-Payette was established in 1913 from a merger of the Payette Lumber & Manufacturing Company and Barber Lumber, a Wisconsin company with operations in the Boise Basin. Payette Lumber, a Minnesota firm, acquired 33,000 acres of state timber in Idaho's Long Valley near present-day Cascade in 1902. To control the passage of logs downstream, the company built a large splash dam below Smith's Ferry on the North Fork of the Payette River. Logs were sent downstream to sawmills in the town of Payette.
In the 1960s, Boise Cascade acquired a majority interest in the Cuban Electric Company, the primary electric utility in pre-Castro Cuba.
In November 2004, the corporation completed its sale of its paper, building products, and timberland assets to Madison Dearborn, a private equity investment firm. Boise Cascade Corporation then renamed itself OfficeMax, which it had acquired in 2003.Close Up of Vignette
Common Stock, specimen, late 1900’sPrinter: American Bank Note Company Dimensions:
8” (h) x 12” (w)State: ID-Idaho Subject Matter: Famous Companies
| Paper Companies
| Specimen Pieces Vignette Topic(s): Female Subject
| Male Subject
| Globe Featured Condition:
No fold lines, punch hole cancels in signature areas and bodies. Very crisp.Related Piece(s): Boise Cascade Office Products Corporation Working Proof