White Motor Corporation

White Motor Corporation
Item# 686rd
$19.00

In 1905, the Parish Pressed Steel Company pioneered heat-treatment to produce automobile frames strong enough to stand up to the shock and abuse of the unpaved roads. Founded by Neff E. Parish and John E. Sullivan, Parish's first customer was Stevens Duryea. In 1910, Parish switched from making car frames to making heavy duty truck frames, receiving orders from Mack, Autocar and the White Motor Company.

In 1941, the White Motor Corporation took over the Hupp Motor Car Company. The Hupmobile was made in the U.S. from 1908 through 1940. In 1951, Freightliner entered into an agreement with the White Motor Corporation of Cleveland, Ohio, to market and service Freightliners across the country. The move proved to be a good one. By 1960 sales of Freightliners reached 1000 units. The company was building on its reputation for engineering innovation and custom manufacturing, yet it remained relatively small in comparison to its counterparts in the business.

In 1968, General Motors Euclid Division is renamed Earthmoving Equipment Division following on the consent judgment on July 1 which requires GM to sell to the White Motor Corporation the name "Euclid" and certain equipment and assets used in the manufacture of off-highway dump trucks.




Close Up of Vignette:




Certificate: Common Stock, issued in the 1980s

Printer: American Bank Note Company

Dimensions: 8 (h) x 12 (w)

State: OH-Ohio

Subject Matter: Automotive and Related | Truck Makers

Vignette Topic(s): Allegorical Featured | Winged Wheel or Gear

Condition: Vertical fold lines, punch hole and stamp cancels in the signature areas and body, and some toning from age.





All certificates are sold only as collectible pieces, as they are either canceled or obsolete. Certificates carry no value on any of today's financial indexes and no transfer of ownership is implied. Unless otherwise indicated, images are representative of the piece(s) you will receive.